AIISA ANAM Annual Meeting update 2023
The Fourteenth edition of ANAM, AIISA/NADCA Annual Meeting, was organized in Bari on June 6-8, with a return to in-person meetings. The event was a valuable opportunity to exchange experiences and update culture and relationships. In total, 220 participants, 17 sponsors, 8 exhibitors, and 3 partners, met over 2 meeting days, during 5 educational sessions. With 16 speakers, 5 exceptional speeches, 1 inspiring lecture, 2 technical sessions, and 4 partnered associations: Anam14 came together as an amazing experience for all involved and with remarkable growth from the previous edition.
The first day is traditionally reserved for the Annual Members' Meeting. The General Secretary of AIISA, Mr. Raffaele Caruso, presented his report and the accounting of the activities of the Association, including ongoing projects and future ones.
Then AIISA President Gregorio Mangano introduced the newly elected NADCA President, April Yungen, with her speech to Italian Members.
Soon after, Andrea Casa took the stage and proceeded to tell the story of the precious partnership between AIISA and NADCA from the beginning. He presented to the Italian NADCA members, NADCA staff, and the NADCA organization facts and figures from the committees, members from all over the world, numbers of NADCA's ASCS and CVI qualified technicians, the anti-fraud task force, and the next NADCA Annual Meeting location and date.
This is an AIISA effort to let Italian Members gain a deeper knowledge and updates of Nadca activities and goals.
President Gregorio Mangano invited all AIISA Members to discuss and review the future of the Association, keeping in mind our impressive growth, starting with the election of the new Board of Directors in 2024.
One of the great experiences of ANAM2023 was to have the exhibitors on stage to present their products and services to the Members.
The first day ended with a social dinner and a walk through the narrow and picturesque alleys of Bari Vecchia. (Old part of Bari)
Our second day began with welcome speeches from the partner Associations. In attendance at this year's conference were:
- AICARR, (the Italian ASHRAE)
- ASAPIA (Italian Association of Duct Producers)
- Assofrigoristi (Italian Association of HVAC Manteinance) and
- SIIAQ (Italian Association of Indoor Air Quality)
The Conference provided a series of valuable speakers:
- Mr. Toni D'Andrea, CEO of Issa Pulire Network and Director of Issa EMEA, gave a speech on “cleanliness as an absolute value”.
- Mr. Salvatore Torrisi, President of Fare, (The Italian Association of Economists and Healthcare Providers), presented a report on "Aeraulic hygiene and the administrative approach of the health sector"
- Mr. D'Andrea, Mr. Torrisi, and Mr. Mangano had a lively exchange of views on key issues, also prompted by questions and comments from meeting attendees.
To finish out the day, Professor Buonomo, Rector Magnificent of the Pontificia Università Lateranense, provided reflections, insights, awareness, and ultimately, knowledge, from his exceptional and unique cultural experience.
It was the natural end of the Meeting since the motto of AIISA is Quality is knowledge!
Some wonderful images from the event (click for larger versions):